Howdy all

I am making progress with quite a large application which relies heavily on
Spec2

( but Spec2 is such a big learning curve for me – especially given the
incomplete documentation… 😊)

I am currently struggling with the following issue:

I have a SpTablePresenter which shows a collection of domain objects
(subclassed from Model).

The domain object are instances of ‘Asset’ which is a relatively simple class.

The table works fine.

Now, I need to be able to update some columns , but I don’t think I want to
build a separate form for doing classic CRUD operations.

(There is no need for create or delete functionality – so an in-situ update
seems desirable…).

I’ve made a start using  SpStringTableColumn >> beEditable and
#onAcceptEdition:

But I can’t see how to work out what row and column has changed,  and how I can
update the corresponding Asset instance(s).

It thought it would be handled using #whenModelChanged: but there are models in
many places (and at several levels in the Spec hierarchy)…

I’ve tried following it all the way down to the adapters and morphs but I can’t
see how the freshly edited cell interacts with the model or announcements.

(BTW - It doesn’t look like the ‘selected item’ features are appropriate since
you can do edits in other rows regardless of what row is/isn’t selected.)

Is there a correct and/or elegant way to detect these cell changes in a
SpTablePresenter and apply them to my domain objects…?

Cheers

Mark