Hi Christian.

I’m trying to port from VW 8.3 to Pharo.  Is there a detailed algorithm in
addition to the Workflow section mentioned here?:

https://wiki.pdftalk.de/doku.php?id=pdftalknonnamespacefileout

1.      generate the source for the target dialect from VisualWorks with the
defined code transformations. Fix problems so that there are no errors or
warnings.

…

How does one generate the source (run the transformation)?  Where are the
aforementioned “defined code transformations”,   Is there an example of how to
setup the declarative template needed to map VW namespace names to Pharo class
prefixes?

I loaded the following packages into my VW 8.3 image:

Values Project

Values

Values Fileout Pharo

Values Testing

Values Tools

Values Tools Testing

Pharo Fileout Values

Pharo Transform

Smalltalk Transform Project

Smalltalk Transform TestBundle

Smalltalk Transform Tests

Smalltalk Transform

Smalltalk Transform Model

Smalltalk Transform Testing

Smalltalk Transform TestPackage

Smalltalk Transform Tools

Any package not updated recently (in the last few months) I didn’t load.

Did I miss anything?

2. Port the Values package. This is easy, since no namespaces are involved.

This first instruction after VW package setup says to port the contents of the
Values package from VW to Pharo.  Do you mean manually?  Probably not.

I feel like I’ve missed the main details of how to start the transformation.
I’d like to do a small fully contained test package with no external
dependencies as a first test, probably my Magnitude or Collection packages.
Suggestions are welcome.  That’s for do this and sharing it.

Shaping