Hi,

Heh, there were several problems around :)
1) Indeed, Ubuntu naming conventions were a problem for the gtk bindings. I
updated them and now it should not be a problem (but you need to pull them
again).
2) I assume you are using Pharo Launcher (or zeroconf directly). And this is a
problem... PharoLauncher is a great idea, and for Windows is a mustbut in linux
world it just does not matches the philosophy: There are many distrubutions and
changes and is impossible to correctly distribute a VM with all dependencies
without using the packaging they expect (we need to start thinking on
distribute the VM as a flatpak, but that will take time to be implemented).
You need to use the VM we provide with Open Build Service:
https://software.opensuse.org//download.html?project=devel:languages:pharo:stable&package=pharo-ui
3) finally, this is not a real problem immediately, but a recommendation: Pharo
has different ways of being ejecuted. The default one will execute the VM and
everything needed in the main thread. This is usually suitable for Pharo needs,
but it is a problem when the UI loop is required to run separately (not just
for Gtk but any backend that you need to run on idle mode).

Fortunaltely, Pharo implements also a way to be executed in a worker thread,
making space so the main thread can be used for other purposes. We highly
recommend that you execute Pharo using a worker thread (future versions of
Spec-Gtk will require this usage, and is definitively better.
How to execute in worker thread:
pharo --worker MyImage.image --interactive

I updated the README on pharo-spec/Spec-Gtk to precise this points.
Cheers!
Esteban