Hello

I think there were both German & French puck machines made with a mermaid /
sirene.
They have no gearing for the reproducers to track so theoretically the 2/4
minute cylinder is not an issue, though they were intended for 2 minute wax.
The stylus may not work on a 4 minute. The
stylus sits in the groove and is carried across the cylinder. The cylinder
needs to be fairly horizontal, and there are some pucks with a Level (bubble
in a glass tube so that you see when the cylinder is horizontal.

I have seen at www.romfi.com under music reproduction > Phonograph-Cylinder
 > Puck Phonographs > all models there are about 10 different machines there
- 2 with mermaids.

Prices depend of course on a lot of different criteria, but a mermaid puck
complete, in fairly good condition - I have seen at around $ 500.

thanks