I personally would not want attachments.  Some of the topic threads on the
list go on and on, and if a topic thread has attachments, I would be
concerned that the attachment will just keep getting reposted.  That would
be a mess.

We all know what it's like to see these topic thread posts go on and on
without purging the old content.  And before you know it, the topic changes
with the old content (and maybe attachment) still attached.  I think
attachments will just compound some of these issues.

Plus attachments, if not managed properly, will slow e-mail down to a crawl
for those without high-speed connections.

Loran, I say best left alone.

Mark