Umm..uhh..Loran is male.

Ken Danckaert <k...@lemur.org> wrote:

I was glad to see all the response to my posting. Don't get me wrong, I
was not criticizing Loren on how she keeps this going. I know it is a
LOT of work. I'm used to a lot of personal involvement with other
collectors. I know them personally, have seen many their collections
and know their needs and help when I can. I have been collecting since
1970 but still know relatively few collectors well. My comment about
"good old boys" (didn't mean to make it gender specific) was not meant
in a negative manner. What I meant was that a lot of you seemed to know
each other quite well. You know what each other collects and their
interests. Loran indicates that many sign on with first names and that
is fine and eventually I'll get to know you all. Maybe I'm in too much
of a hurry. That said, it would still be nice to know more about
individuals. Most phono people that I have met are pretty nice people.
I'm just anxious to know more. I tried to get on the other list a
couple of times and never heard from them so I have written it off.
Just entering the group it is difficult to know what has been discussed
in the past. I know there is the achive but that is a lot to go through
so I will undoubtedly bring up old topics in posts. Anyway, I'm glad to
be here. My two finger typing will limit my posts. This is already
long for me. Someone asked about more info on me. Well, I'm Ken
Danckaert and live near Annapolis Maryland. My collection is mainly
outside horn machines and music boxes (limited by space available).
Among the more interesting machines are a Rosenfield, Edison A450,
Miraphone, Edison Excelsior, Columbia Coin N, Columbia S, Edison
Standard Polyphone, Columbia SG, Edison Eclipse, and a bunch of 1901
vintage outside horn machines. I do a lot of restoration work at a
turtles pace. I'm currently working on two Edison Eclipses, three
square cased Multiphones, two Coin Ns, and a couple of music boxes. I
do my own machining, casting and small part nickel plating. Feel free
to visit. This is already too long. Have a nice day.

Ken Danckaert
Severna Park, MD