You want the cylinder doctor, Mike Khanchalian, a dentist by trade.

mfkhanchal...@altrionet.com

Ron L

-----Original Message-----
From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On
Behalf Of Walt Sommers
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 8:54 PM
To: 'Antique Phonograph List'
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Cracked Cylinder

I tried crying on one once, but I later read that tears do not hold it (or
me) together....<frown>

The danger, even if you can get the pieces together and line up well, is
that you will have a persistent click (or clicks- one for each fracture)
that treats the stylus and diaphragm violently. Sound encoded in a groove is
barely a few microns of excursion. I can't imagine the mountain or valley
that might be created from a repair. Just try the tears...they made me feel
better, anyway....

Walt