I agree. I once had a Vic VI which was 'Farmerized' by Steve Farmer. It was a
gorgeous piece of woodwork with that smooth grain. I want this machine to be a
showpiece, so I am gonna go the extra mile to get it that way.

DeeDee Blais <deedeebl...@yahoo.com> wrote:
  I can't help with the horn restoration but I can offer
some good advice on the cabinet refinish. If the case
is going to be refinished, please please please fill
the grain. A mahogany phonograph should have a
"piano" finish. When light is reflected off the
finished surface, it should look as smooth as
possible. You should not notice the grain of the wood
in the reflection. Jerry Blais