How cool is that!! This is original then. THe texture made me think so. Anyone
got a good image hosting setup? I need some tutoring in that.
  This machine by the way is fumed oak.

Rich <rich-m...@octoxol.com> wrote:
  >From my research, the orignal cloth was raw silk dyed a salmon color. tis
was for the oak machines all
the way into the Amberola 30. That is oak with a piano or low gloss finish.

Rich

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 00:03:35 -0700 (PDT), john robles wrote:

>HI All
> By being in the right place at the right time, I received a gift of an oak
> C-19 Chippendale DD phono
with 66 records. It belonged to the great grandfather of the lady that gave it
to me. She said in her
description that it had the original red grillcloth..it is actually more salmon
in color, but what intrigued
me was that she said she never remembered abnother color grillecloth, and also
the cloth is exactly the
same weight and feel of the original tatters in the grille of another DD that I
recently sold. This cloth
may once have been a brownish color, it is hard to say, even looking at the
inside. But the glue marks at
the edge indicate originality, and i had to glue bac some areas on the bottom.
As soon as I can figure out
how to get photo hosting and how it works, I will send a link.