From ethanu...@yahoo.com  Sat Apr 28 15:47:50 2007
From: ethanu...@yahoo.com (wayne holznagel)
Date: Sat Apr 28 15:48:24 2007
Subject: [Phono-L] Update on Jones Pop

I wanted to send a quick note to thank everyone for voting for my son's picture
on the Jones Pop website.  As many of you know, Ethan was killed in a car
accident as he drove home from school over lunch hour last year.  He was 16 yrs
old.  He was an avid skateboarder and a budding photographer.  One of his
dreams was to have one of his pictures used as a Jones Pop label.  At some
point after his death his picture appeared on the Jones Pop web site.  A note
sent out to the phonograph chat groups supported the picture to the tune of 577
votes with an average score of 9.7 out of 10.  Thank you all so very much.  I
am copying an inquiry by Steve Ramm & my response so you will all share in the
update.  Thank you to everyone.

     YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = true; YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false;
YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.lang = "us";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 32; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date =
""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = {
lw_1177800110_0: { text: 'stevenr...@aol.com', startchar: 2311, endchar: 2328,
start: 2311, end: 2328, weight: 1, type:
['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/email_address']}, lw_1177800110_1: { text:
'AOL.com', startchar: 3045, endchar: 3051, start: 3045, end: 3051, weight: 1,
type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http'] , metaData: {
linkHref: "http://www.aol.com/?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000503";, linkProtocol:
"http", linkRel: "nofollow", linkTarget: "_blank", linkTitle:
"http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000503"; } }, lw_1177800110_2: { text:
'http://www.phonomantiques.com/', startchar: 3249, endchar:
 3278, start: 3249, end: 3278, weight: 1, type:
['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http'] , metaData: { linkHref:
"http://www.phonomantiques.com/";, linkProtocol: "http", linkRel: "nofollow",
linkTarget: "_blank" } } };  YAHOO.Shortcuts.overlaySpaceId = "97546169";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.hostSpaceId = "97546168";       Hi Steve,
  You have asked a couple of good questions.  Hopefully I'll be able to answer
them.
  There is no ending date as I understand it.  There was a picture of the year
contest but Ethan did not enter that.  The labels that were choosen early last
year are just now showing up on local shelves.  According to the Jones Pop web
site they only select photos a few times a year.  Doesn't appear that they have
started the process this year.  So there is still time for people to vote.
  The young man that appeared in Ethan's photo is under 18.  I knew his first
name but not his last.  Today, Saturday April 28, was the 1st Annual Ethan
Holznagel Memorial Skateboard Competition.  The kids are trying to raise money
to fund a new skateboard park.  The City Board that oversees park & rec is not
too excited about spending $15,000 for new equipment so the kids have to raise
the $ themselves.  After today they should be about half way to the goal.  Most
of the skateboarders are under 16 and, as a result, are not generally
employable in the area.  They raise money through competitions, washing cars,
odd jobs, etc.  Of course, Paula & I have helped as we've been able to.
  Back to the young man that appears in the picture.  Today my daughter & I
were able to visit with him.  He is going to have his parents sign the release
and said he'd bring it over to me tomorrow.  A release from his parents is the
big hurdle at this point.  Once the release is signed I will fax it to Jones
Pop & contact the company executives.  A fellow phonograph collector is going
to help me to compose a letter to the CEO of Jones Pop.  I believe we will have
a good chance of having the photo considered.  With 577 votes and an average
score of 9.7 . . . I just believe that it will be considered.
  Again, I'm sorry for the delay in updating everyone about the picture.
  Paula, Katee, & I appreciate all the support from the world of phonograph
collectors.  Your generous support by voting has made an opportunity available
for my son's dream to come true.

      Hi Wayne:

We never got an update on the contest with your son's photo.

  Was there an ending date to decide?

  Thanks for an update.

  Steve Ramm

<:)>
Wayne H

  My website is at http://www.phonomantiques.com/
i sent the link and story to my 12-year old, who shared it with her
pals at school.  we've got the kids network going, not just the old
phono people!  those of you on the list with kids, if you haven't
already done so, why not get them in on it, too?