Thanks Jackie
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Fraser" <pjfra...@alamedanet.net>
To: "Antique Phonograph List" <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 9:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] tape residue

From a...@popyrus.com  Mon Jun 25 17:45:00 2007
From: a...@popyrus.com (Andrew Baron)
Date: Mon Jun 25 17:47:52 2007
Subject: [Phono-L] vintage sounds in vintage cars

I would think that an input jack, wired to the plate of the second
detector tube might do the trick.  I don't know whether attenuation
would be needed, but shouldn't be hard to set up a separate
potentiometer if needed.  It's also possible that the mp3 output
might not be sufficient?  I'd like to know this myself, as I haven't
tried this yet.  A switch may be added to cut the radio signal when
the mp3 is playing through the radio's amplifier and speaker, or it
may only be necessary to detune the radio so no station is being
received.

Another approach that would eliminate the necessity of modifying the
radio would be to hook the output of the mp3 player to the input of a
wireless AM transmitter which could be hidden in some convenient place.

Andy Baron