Bruce,

If I hijacked your eBay account and changed notifications to my e-mail address,
would you get a notice of the change of personal information at your e-mail
address?  The last power seller phishing e-mail I got looked so real to me the
only way I knew it was fake was by looking in My eBay  my messages.  They have
gotten that good.

A man I work with had his credit card stolen by a guest, the guest called up
Discover changed the address, and charged up the credit card, made several
payments and my co worker only discovered it when he was trying to get a loan
to purchase a new house and the lender asked why his card was maxed out.  My
coworker then called the police and credit card company and the police said
they were too busy so coworker found out where the thief lived and gave the
address to the police, the man went to trial and was convicted of a felony.

The only other thing I can think of is some people do not check e-mail often,
and a number of times I have received spam e-mails telling me someone is
wanting to pay me for an item I have never sold or telling me to pay for an
item I have never bought.  I regularly look at my My eBay page so I would
notice if things for sale I did not put there.Steve