It was about 5 feet high and about 2 feet across and deep, lid lifted up,
the arm that holds the needle sat inside and played the records that you
placed inside.  About half way down the outside of the machine, there was a
door that opened and records were stored inside.  There was no external
horn.  They even had a picture of Thomas Edison with that particular
gramophone to show that it was a genuine gramophone.  They did put a record
on it and let it play so the buyers could hear that it did work.

This was a sale with several lots (several different consignors).  The
sellers did not get pictures in until just before the sale for anyone to
view online and there was no picture of this gramophone.  I didn't even know
that it was there until it came up for sale and I had to watch the camera
and listen to the auctioneer.

I thought this group might be interested in knowing about the sale of an
Edison.  There was a lot of antique furniture in mint condition from this
seller.

>From the Desk of
Kat Hall
Executive Assistant to Ms. Smith (Publisher)
Review Coordinator
www.champagnebooks.com