From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On
Behalf Of David Dazer
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:22 AM
To: Antique Phonograph List
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Columbia Reproducer Tool

This sounds like a watch case opening tool.  Check out Timesavers.com You
can send me a photo if you would like to.
  Dave

Bob <rvu...@comcast.net> wrote:
  I held a meeting of our local phonograph group at my house Sunday. While
looking at a Columbia console I'm in the process of restoring one of the
more astute members of the group was able to identify a tool that I found in
one of the drawers. This is a tool specifically designed to repair Columbia
reproducers. It's about 4 1/2" long and 2 1/2" wide. It's shaped like a
Whamo slingshot frame. It has 2 spanner wrenches to remove the metal ring
that holds the diaphragm in place. The larger one is set for 2 3/16" and the
smaller for
1 13/16. Then there are 4 different size hex wrenches for adjusting the nuts
on the needle bar and finally, a fine screw driver for removing the screw
that holds the needle bar to the diaphragm. When he got home one of the
members tried to research this tool on line but could find nothing about it.
I'm wondering if any of the people on this list are familiar with this tool
and cam supply information about it. Email me if you would like to see a
picture of it.
RMV