And it went for a little more than $150.

Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On
Behalf Of Greg Bogantz
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 3:14 PM
To: Antique Phonograph List
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Seeburg Home Library

    Doug, even though it's bigger than a Victor 10-50, it weighs about the
same.  The wood console cabinet was made and sold as two pieces.  You could
originally buy just the mechanism is you wanted to custom install it.  Or
you could buy just the wooden mechanism housing if you wanted it to be free
standing.  Or you could buy the lower record storage and speaker stand (also

contained the power amp) as an option.  Or you could order the entire
ensemble complete as one model as you see it shown on the eBay listing.  But

the cabinets were still supplied as separate upper and lower sections.  I
have the mechanism and complete electronics for one of these which I've
built into my own cabinet.  I wasn't able to salvage the original cabinet.
But from what I have and what I can see of the cabinet, I'm estimating that
the entire upper section probably weighs about 200 pounds.  And the lower
section which is mostly empty probably weighs another 100 pounds for a
combined weight of around 300 pounds.  But it's still a BIG beast, even
separated into two parts.  You'd have to have a large pickup truck or a
full-sized van to haul the thing.  But it's a great toy.  I use mine
regularly.  The mechanical design is beautiful, robust, and works like a
charm.  Despite the direct worm gearing (no rubber belts or drive pucks to
wear out), there is no rumble, wow, or flutter in playback

Greg Bogantz