Greg said: Likewise, an LP stylus should work well for playing celluloid 2 or 4
minute cylinders.  Use of a smaller stylus tip will reduce tracing distortion
and improve high frequency performance.Steve says: I have soldered modern styli
on ruined H bars and using my round weight N it produces an excellent sound.
Bob Waltrip used modern styli on a diamond C that I have and again the sound is
excellent. Until now I did not understand why it worked so well, but it is nice
that my brain understands why my ears heard such great sound.

I also used a modern stylus to repair an Autophone reproducer, again it worked
very well.