I am thoroughly convinced that it is the description. There is nothing at all
rare about this machine, but the power of the description shouldn't be
underestimated, especailly to some of the sheep that are buyers on ebay! The
seller's description comes off as authoritative (though the machine isn't rare
as he claims) and his description of it as having an original finish and
mentioning how no one really likes them refinished creates a senses of urgency,
'get it before it's gone'.
  I had a friend once try to sell an Edison Gem with a lackluster description
on ebay, and it didn't even get up to $400. I rewrote the description, he
relisted it, and it went for $725!!
  That's my two cents at least.
  John Robles

BruceY <Bruce78rpm at comcast.net> wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180266138721&ssPageName=ADME:B:DBS:US:1123

Can someone explain why this common Victor IX Table model is now up to over
$500, with 11 hours to go? Am I missing something here?

Bruce