...but if you want to accept someone's credit card payment, you have to
upgrade to a premier account (at least that's what it was called when I
signed up).

No problems other than I wish the fee was less.  A friend in Europe sent
me some money via credit card to buy something for him and the fee took
a big bite out of what he sent ($17.27 out of $435).