List mates,

This is a bit off topic, but ISTR that some of our members also work on
music boxes.  A friend of mine has asked me to repair the spring in a music
box he owns (I have not seen it yet and have just e-mailed him to ask for
the brand/model).  So, if anyone has information about parts suppliers for
Music Boxes, particularly in the North East USA (I'm in MA and the machine
is in CT), or can recommend a reputable repair person in the North East USA,
I'd appreciate it.  I've already cautioned him that music box springs are
even more powerful than phono springs, told him about sharp edges etc.  I've
successfully replaced quite a few phono mainsprings and still have all my
original functioning extremities, digits and eyes. 8-).

Ron L