they also have a different needle holder
the basic case is the same
zono

In a message dated 4/13/2009 5:27:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cen...@comcast.net writes:

Ok phono  people.  If all else is equal.  Is a Lions-head Reginaphone,
worth
any more than the Columbia Deluxe Grafanola?  Are they identical  except for
the Decal under the lid?  Thanks  Al.

Phono-L mailing  list
http://phono-l.oldcrank.org

**************The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221421325x1201417411/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26h
mpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DAprilAvgfooterNO62)
From phonol...@mac.com  Tue Apr 14 09:42:28 2009
From: phonol...@mac.com (RBaumbach)
Date: Tue Apr 14 10:45:20 2009
Subject: [Phono-L] How common is this Victor horn?

These apparently were sold exclusively by the Victor Distributing and
Export Co. in NY starting in Jan or Feb 1905.   It was made by cutting
the end off of a Mega horn (originally for cylinder machines - see one
of Tim and George's books).  It is described as being made of fiber,
paper and wood.  The Mega (from "Megaphone") horn was manufactured by
E.A. & A.G. Schoettel, Maspeth, Queens County, NY.   I have an orange
horn that came from South America, but it seems that they were
exported all over.  This was a featured horn for the Victor
Distributing and Export Co., so I expect that they tried to push them
whenever they could.  Of course they sold the regular horns too.  My
guess is that the fiber horns were available for about three years.
The patent number is 769410, and it shows the interesting way the
horns were made.

The Victor Distributing and Export Co. called it "The Victor Trumpet
Horn" when fitted for the Victor.  The horns do not have a metal
reinforcement where it attaches to the elbow, just a pin, so I imagine
that they were easily damaged.