Looks like a Model A Triumph and the spring motor was replaced with an electric
motor.  The Alva was basically a Triumph with an electric motor but it came a
little later (when the D series was current?)  Happy collecting, Jerry Blais

From steve_nor...@msn.com  Mon Apr 27 17:06:40 2009
From: steve_nor...@msn.com (Steven Medved)
Date: Mon Apr 27 17:08:51 2009
Subject: [Phono-L] Electric Triumph

The Alva has a bed plate like the Idelia and started with the B model and went
through the E.

From jim...@earthlink.net  Mon Apr 27 17:33:32 2009
From: jim...@earthlink.net (jim...@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Apr 27 17:33:38 2009
Subject: [Phono-L] Any comment on electric Triumph

Dictaphones with electric AC motors have governors.    I once used one to
drive the mandrel of my Amberola I-As while its
spring motor was being repaired

                  Jim Cartwright

                  Immortal Performances

jim...@earthlink.net