That looks like the identical reproducer on my General Phonograph Model E, all right. But it's got to be a replacement on that 1925 portable because it couldn't have been made until after the RCA/Victor merger.

I found a couple more examples of this same tonearm. Here is one on a Birch: http://www.phonophan.com/portable.html And here is one on a US Army Special Services phono (go to the last row on the right, third picture from the bottom): http://www.phono-fun.com/index.php/collection/view_cat/33

I hope somebody somewhere has a Model E with an original tonearm just to see it. For the time being I discovered I will have to raise this one about 9/16" to make the soundbox stand up vertically.
Chris

Steven Medved wrote:
Will we ever see your smiling face in one?

Yes, that be mine, and that be me !! heh heh

Hello Bruce, I really appreciate the link because I have two of the reproducers, but I have never seen the machine they came from. Is it yours? Steve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77jOOKxXUhg Here is a Victor Suitcase Victrola with the same or very similar sound box and Tone Arm playing on Youtube. I don't have exact dates for the mfg. of this Victrola but always assumed it was sometime in the 1930's.