I am in the process of downsizing and am selling off miscellaneous phonograph
items.  I have a complete tone arm and diaphragm for a Vitaphone phonograph.  I
know this design was manufactured and sold in Canada from 1913 to 1916.  It is
unusual in that the tone arm did not contain the diaphragm.  It was mounted in
a stand at the rear of the arm.  The arm is made of wood and it vibrated.  The
vibrations were transferred to the diaphragm which is mounted at the rear of
the arm.  My arm is similar to those shown at
http://www.keithwright.ca/CAPP/Vitaphone/vitaphone.html        According to
this web sight the tone arm was capable of playing both lateral and vertical
cut records.  I can supply pictures of my parts to anyone that is seriously
interested in it.  I don't have an idea of the value of this piece so I will
sell it to the highest offer I receive.  If you are interested, email me at
rvu...@comcast.net and I will provide detailed pictures of my part.