hi ken
look to steve farmer
he does a great job

In a message dated 4/30/2010 11:10:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
kb...@charter.net writes:

As  expected, the recent Stanton's auction was an exciting experience.
There  were many high end machines there that brought a wide variety of
bidding  excitement.  The Edison Idelia was very impressive but brought
only
$20K when the presale expectations were much higher.  The Edison  Class M in
the upright cabinet only went for a little over $10K.   Music boxes were a
bit soft on prices.  The very nice Reginaphone went  for around $4K.  Many
of
the front mount Victors were in the $1,200 to  a high of around $2,500 for
the MS.  If anyone has a chance to take in  an auction at Stanton's, I would
highly recommend it.

I  ended up with three more Victors for my collection along with a nice
record  cabinet, Edison Standard, Babson Brothers flowered cylinder horn,
and
many  small items.  One of the Victors was a Rigid Arm R.  The arm has  been
resoldered where it attaches to the piece in the back bracket and the
finish
has been buffed off almost completely.  The anodizing on the  back bracket
is
weak but visible.  My question is, Does anyone know  anyone that restores
the
anodized finish on parts?  Is it hard to do  yourself?  Thanks in advance
for
any advice.

Ken  Brekke