Greetings from New Zealand. An earthquake of  7 on the riechter scale rocked
the city  of Christchurch at approximately 4.35 am on saturday morning.
Christchurch is similar to that of Melbourne. with it's CBD made up of old and
worldly buildings, church steeples,bricks and morter, the arts centre, the
museum.The "Antguia Boatsheds" they sit adjacent to the Avon River, where one
can be serenaded by a punter in a boat, complete with boater hat and all! The
boatshed once housed the phonograph collection of Bill Dini, now housed at the
Ferrymead Trust Museum. Christchurch is known as the garden City, with Hagley
park,in Noveber they stage an Edwardian Day, with Pennyfarthings,and ladies
cladded in tight fittings corsets. It shall never be the same. The damaged done
to it's historic hertiage. Some 90 buildings have been condemed. Afters shocks
are still continuing!  Out in Darfield, beautiful Arts and Crafts homes merely
ruble, servere cracks and land movement noticable. Christchu
 rch has always been the centre of anything  antique and collectible. The home
of the Vintage Car movement. The Vintage phonograph Society of New Zealand.Have
you ever bought there wonderful reproduction parts for your machines? I made
contact with a fellow collector, who has a massive collection of machines. He
was ok, but another lost some 5 inch concert cylinders smashed  to pieces on
the impact.I wonder how many other treasures have been lost forever. Also
Christchurch is the home to Radio Sound Archives. I wonder how they feared?
Many homes still without power  flushing toliets, phone, sewerage probs, that
lay beneath the ground! So the massive cleanup begins!   Your prayers please
for these people. A sacrey experience. I  live in the North Island of New
Zealand in Sunny Napier, which suffered devistation back in 1931 with and
earthquake which struck at 10.57  on Feburary the third. Cheers Mark Dawson NZ
for more information  keep up with newstalkzb news.which is online.
  Thankyou