http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozPct-CiZK4

Here is the Conundrum being demonstrated on Youtube.

Bruce
----- Original Message -----
From: "Douglas Houston" <cdh...@earthlink.net>
To: "Antique Phonograph List" <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:50:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Victor Puzzle Record

There seems to be lot of conjecture about exactly how many of those records
that Victor made. I always hear of the Conundrum, but never have seen/heard
it. I have the "Puzzle Record", which has three starts on each of two
sides. It's a 10 inch. Rust's "Victor Master Book" tells thyat some (not
all) of the tracks were done by the Mayfair Orchestra (England?). Audio
quality is very good. The stylus sure does go across the record in a hurry!

Puzzle Records. I picked one up the other day titled: "The Conundrum - What
Should I Play Next?". Anyone know how many of these were made or how scarce
they might be? I have only seen two of these - the one that I bought and
another by Jimmie Rodgers. Were these a demo of the then current
technology, or were they made for some other purpose? The selections on
this record are four different types of music, which play randomly,
depending on where or when you place the needle - very strange...