Did I miss a posting somewhere? I JUST heard that our good friend Jack
Palmer  (Mr. Vernon Dalhart) died just before Halloween! There will be a short
tribute  to him in the December "In The Groove" but this was shocking news to
me! Jack  contributed so much to our hobby and was the nicest guy to chat
with at ARSC  Conferences - where he gave his Dalhart paper. (SAdly it was
before the  Conference programs were put up on the ARSC website for us all to
hear.).
I did dig through my photos and found one I took of him giving his paper at
 the ARSC Conference in Austin in 2005. I'd like to share this tribute to
Jack.  Look at the photo at: _http://tinyurl.com/29faytb_
(http://tinyurl.com/29faytb)    and think of our friend.
Steve Ramm