Also, the gear cover is gone. This is an Amberola VI A mech..probably screams
like a banshee!!
-----Original Message-----
From: "DanKj" <ediso...@verizon.net>
Sender: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 19:31:50
To: Antique Phonograph List<phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] What's wrong with this picture?

 I happened to see this last night, and almost choked on my cocoa.  The NEEDLE
CUPS on a cylinder machine should set off the
first alarm.
It is an Amberola mechanism shoved into a chopped-down, cheapo disc cabinet.
Gross-buckets, as they used to say in Bloom
County.

. Maybe the machinery is worth something,  but who has empty Amberola cabinets
laying around?  They shoulda stuck it in a
crate & claimed it's a rare Mission style Amberola IV! (One of which is
pictured in a Buffalo music shop. I wonder where
that one went)