Wasn't this the person who had the Triumph A that appeared in numerous
'original' configurations?

This reproducer has a C stylus and bar and a reproduction hinge block.  Many D
reproducers have C stylus and bars, perhaps because they were used to play the
regular cylinders after the Concert record production declined. It appears the
solid weight may be correct for this one as the hole weights appeared around
73000 on the C, and D 58967 has a solid weight.  It is interesting to note in
1910 solid weights appeared on the C.

Al, please correct me if I am wrong, I believe if you play a concert cylinder
with a C stylus you will remove more material for two reasons.  First the ball
stylus has more contact area, secondly the C stylus is shaped differently and
has less contact area.

There are two types of D bars, the first, early type is thick where the screw
goes through it holding it in the shoulders, the rest is thin.  These have the
early crude ball stylus.  The thin part is of the bar is .0233 and the thick
part is .0564, the C bars I have measured are in the .0566 to .0573 range.
This reproducer should have the early bar.

The later D bar is of uniform thickness and these have the stylus that the
model B and later automatics have.  This stylus is the same diameter and it is
the contact area that is polished and about the bottom third.  The unpolished
area on these are a lot smoother than the early ones.  These are much more
uniform in length than the early ones which vary so you have short and long
ones.  The C and H styli are mostly of uniform length, but you will find longer
and shorter ones.  Edison styli are held in by shellac, I have some C styli
that are supposed to be NOS, they are coated with a brown material I believe is
shellac, that way you would only have to put them in the bar and apply heat.

The early ball stylus is found on the standard speaker and the earlier
automatics.  The sapphire rod actually has a partial ball polished on the end.
The rest of the stylus is not polished and looks heavily frosted.  It almost
looks like a bowling pin except the bottom part is not that much larger
than the top, but the top polished part of the stylus is smaller in
diameter.

The stylus bar on the automatic is around .0211 thick, the model B bars are
thicker, around .0225 and the pot metal weight ones are even thicker at around
.0245.

Steve