While you all are talking about the bronze, oxidized Victor R...it brings back
a fond memory of mine.

My first front mount was a Victor P that I purchased in 1973.  I really knew
nothing about phonographs back then.  I DID have sense enough to know that the
Thorens reproducer was "most likely" a replacement part.  Of course I later got
a long necked Exhibition from Neuman Miller.

As for the hardware, the horn support and motor bedplate was a dull or dirty
grey/silver.  It looked like spray paint.  I left it as it was.  Some years
later...maybe in the 1980's I learned that the Victor P's (and R's) had the
oxidized bronze, tiger finish.  I tried a little paint remover and WALLA!  I
had a tiger striped, bronze oxidized Victor P after all!

A belated, but sincere Happy New Year to all,
Dennis