Okay, you guys are killing me. My first care was a 1968 VW Karman Ghia,
which had basically the same engine as the earlier Porsche 356. The
later models had a street legal modified race engine. My Ghia had a rare
factory installed gas powered heater. It "sipped" gas from the tank to
keep the car warm as toast. (I also had a 1969 Super Beetle, so I know
how cold these cars can be in an Iowa winter, let alone not being able
to defrost the windshield!)

But Jerry got to see my 1957 MGA! It was a beauty! This car was built to
corner, even if not extremely fast. It only had a 1500 cc engine. With
my boys, Tim and Greg, I had it out repeatedly at "Road America" in
Elkhart lake, WI, where you can still tour for about $50 during lunch on
the track with the big boys! It is awesome! I still have the NAMGAR
(North America MGA Registry) Club magazine with pictures of myself and
the boys at "Road America."

The MGA was the cheaper version of the Austin-Healy's. As a matter of
fact, the MGA design was held back by some chicanery so the Austin-Healy
could be released first.

I sold the car to help with a down payment on the house we presently
live in. You can always get another car. You may not be able ever get
the house of your wife's dreams!

Remember guys, "Happy wife, happy life!"

(How come no one talks about how great the new cars are?!)

Safety Fast!
Jeff
Wisconsin