The Florida show was even better than last year, it was laid out very nicely.
The dealers I spoke with told me they did better this year than last.  I did
not get to talk with Joan this year, she was busy each time I went by but I did
enjoy seeing her and Rob as I walked by.  Bob Cole did a wonderful job of
setting up the show and Harry Ruer stopped by.  His wife passed away last
month, that was very sad.

If you go to the show stop at the Bob Cole corner first and work you way
around.  Charlie Hummel was there, it is amazing all he fits in a suitcase,
this alone is worth the price of admission.  I got the history of horn making
from Don Gfell and got to see his nice displays.  Ron Haring did well, it is
always nice to visit his table.  Ron Sitko normally visits the show, his
knowledge is impressive and he is very nice to deal with as well.  Bob Foster
was walking around with his cygnet horn springs and Tim Fabrizio and Rob Mallet
were there along with Steve Andersen.  He always has impressive machines, this
time it was a spring motor that really was attic fresh.  Paul Baker was there,
I always enjoy talking with him.  He made those wonderful reproducers, I could
not be more thrilled if I was asking Edison how he made his reproducers.

Richard Brown and his wife, what nice people, their daughter was taking tickets
at the door.  You will not meet a nicer group of people.  Joe Filer and Marty
were there.  I purchased some Exhibition flanges from Mike Arcuri, at 3 for $15
they were a great deal and well made.  Mike, if you read this I am sending my
old flanges to you.

This year I actually remembered my pad and pen, but I enjoyed talking with the
dealers so much I forgot to write anything down.  This really is a wonderful
show, it may not be the largest but it certainly has the nicest people.  Next
year I will have my wife write things down.  I got to meet VTLA Mark in person.
 Richard's wife let me listen to the Amberola V they were selling.  I found a
nice early model B reproducer and an early 2 minute wax amberol wax in an
almost mint Edison Standard Record box, the gold still has the sparkles.

I want to thank Harry, Bob, and Richard for making the show what is is today.
Equal thanks goes to all the wonderful dealers.  This would not be a good
evaluation without mentioning Jack Whelan - his videos are so professionally
made you would think he spent thousands on a crew, but no he does it by
himself.  How he does it no one knows, I hope he made one this year.

Phono people are the best, what could be nicer than Florida in the winter?
Visiting the Orlando show and having both.