Starting the bidding at $9.95 with no reserve can get a bidding frenzy
going which can help take the price to the moon.  If he would have started at
$3,000.00 I am sure most of us would think he's nuts.

My question is what is the definition of "original condition" as it
pertains to an antique?

Is it original condition if all the parts are original, but the surface
finish has been "tweaked"?

If someone has touched up scratches is it still original condition?

Is it only original if it is still in the unopened box?

If someone takes the dust off does that mean it is no longer original?

If someone can make an antique look the way it did when it came off the
factory floor can they call it original as long as it has no reproduction parts?

My guess is most of us use the term "original condition" when an antique
still has all it's original surface and parts and has not been "restored."
The motor may have been adjusted and oiled and the surface may have been
dusted, but that is about it.