Might you have photos of this machine, to share with us ? I have a plain version of the Actuelle, but would like to see your Gothic version. I suspect that it's very similar or identical to the Edison "Small Gothic" and Columbia versions, and most likely out of the same furniture factory. I recently saw an Edison "Large Gothic" in an antique store, but it turned out to be an absolutely identical non-phonograph hutch, with shelves for plates & silverware. They wanted the original price, too - $6000 !

ps - I'm due to make a trip to fetch an Actuelle, same model as mine, which was sold when Pathe dropped their machine line - it was made into an "Operaphone", with papier-mache horn and generic (probably Heineman) tone arm. I'll need to find an appropriate arm & reproducer, as they have been lost.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kurt Nauck" <na...@78rpm.com>
To: <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2011 4:20 PM
Subject: [Phono-L] Pathe

Yes, "diffuser" - that's the word. A very interesting contraption -
especially the way the whole assembly rotates in order to switch from
vertical to lateral. And surprisingly good sounding as well.

Of course, I could deliver it to you on my way to ARSC in May, John.
That would give you plenty of time to clear out a spot for it!

Kurt Nauck