I also had a good experience with Richard Tussey. I was able to purchase a vast collection of 78s from an estate. It was in my early days of collecting and I really didnt want to be a record collector so I put the word out and he called me. I went to his home and it was floor to ceiling records a real compulsive disorder type. No room for household goods. I dont think he even had heat. With the purchase of my collection he surely had the largest 78 rpm collection I have ever seen. but most of the records were juked to death. He paid me mostly cash but the rest in rare records. Mostly Black swans and needle cut electrics. He had them all. I did trade him for some Black Blues music. I always wondered what happened to him. His eyesight was so bad he could not drive so he rode a bicycle. I wish him well. Al Menashe in Portland. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Glenn Longwell" <majesticrec...@snet.net>
To: "Antique Phonograph List" <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:05 AM
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] You gotta love this... "Museum Quality Black PattiRecord"

I dealt with this seller some time ago. His name is Frederick Tussey. Perhaps the Richard comes from the fact that his full name is Frederick R. Tussey - or
it's just a coincidence on the last name. But the coincidence of the poor
eyesight statement from Mike would lead me to believe it's the same person. Anyway, in my dealings with him 4 years ago it was pleasant as we traded some things after I made a purchase. I've been told he's legally blind so grading is somewhat of a mystery and perhaps why he chooses the route he does now. Not defending it, just making a statement. I find it difficult to buy something ungraded. Interestingly, at the time he was saying he had plans to do a book on record sleeves and that's what he traded for. This guy has generated a lot of
banter on 78-l as well.  Who knows what's lead him to his current state -
perhaps fallen on hard times - but it's his choice to try and sell records at high prices. Some will bite, many won't. It would be in his best interest, though, if he worked to keep his customers happy. The seller that called the record a repro is a knowledgeable collector. Too bad he didn't work it out with
his customer.

Glenn