Hello All
A friend of mine is desperately trying to pry my Edison Diamond Disc Phonograph
model A-250 out of my clenched hands, and in order to do this he would like to
sell this maroon Gem. It has been totally and professionally repainted, with
new decals. There is a model K reproducer that needs a new 4 minute sapphore
(it plays but with a small echo). The cabinet lid veneer has been replaced
nicely, but the grain orientation goes the wrong direction. There is a repro
horn as well as an oriignal, but the original has a Fireside horn bell soldered
to a cone end, it is not two piece. The repro Gem horn is nice. You can see
pics here:

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa39/john9ten/Maroon%20Gem%20Model%20D/

What is your estimation of its value? Not as high as an original painted model
I wouldn't think, but if you want a nice machine to play stuff on and you don't
care about original paint, it is a winner.  The paint is a bit darker than it
is in the pictures,
Thanks
John