Jim Nichol wrote:

I saw this test tube first in 1997. I almost fell over. I had just read
 a science fiction book called "Edison's Last Breath". The premise was
that Edison's last breath AND his soul were captured in a test tube,
which was opened in the recent years by a kid. The kid spent the rest of
 the book mentally communicating with Edison on various adventures, but I
 can't remember any details. Not once did it occur to me that there is
really a test tube like that, presumably without a soul in it.

Jim Nichol

For those interested in this book, the title is "Expiration Date" and written
by Tim Powers. It's a very good read, I might add.

And Jim...I very much enjoyed your posts about the Menlo Lab and Ford's
residence.

Thanks for the great info.

Dennis