Unfortunately none of my machines have the marks so I cannot compare.
With the timing marks you have to wait one minute in 2 minute to tell or 2
minutes in 4 minute to tell and that was a pain to adjust. The strobes on the
cylinder was impossible for me to read.  I believe the laser is accurate
because the machine I listen to all the time was right at 159.8 to 160.2.  With
the laser you can see the variations so if you have a machine that does not run
steady you will know.  My standard A is more steady than my triumph A. They
give you reflective tape but white out works to pick up the laser and I have a
record playing to test it under a load. Steve  > Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 14:28:45
-0700