Back when I used to look at all the Edison cylinder records on eBay I saw about
6 of them for sale on eBay over the years.  I saved a photo of the 3 pack, it
has the old couple listening on the other side.  The old couple has a copyright
of 190 and I cannot see the last number.   It looks like the box itself has
drawings of the cylinder record boxes with the cardboard peg inside that date
from around then end of 1902 to 1904.  Do you have a photo of the other side?
I always thought they were the inside box for mailing cylinders. Steve