The box I have (and the rest that the seller had) don't have the brass frames
or labels..I would assume these are later then?

--- On Sun, 7/10/11, George Glastris <glast...@comcast.net> wrote:

From: George Glastris <glast...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Speaking of Edison Boxes...
To: "Antique Phonograph List" <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Date: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 12:55 PM

Actually John they were for both 2 minute and Amberols.   I have a number of
them and they have printed labels on the front with the numbers of Amberols.
There should be a small brass "frame" on the front and the dealer would slip in
a pre-numbered card with the cylinder numbers on it.  The boxes  were made by
V. H. Rapke of New York City.  In September of 1915 he decided to discontinue
the labels and the Edison company wrote to its dealers asking if they wanted
the company to take over making them (for Blue Amberols).

----- Original Message ----- From: "john robles" <john9...@pacbell.net>