I visited Sybil's grave when I attended Union in 2008. Here's a picture of it
for those who are interested:

http://www.phonostalgia.com/sybil1.JPG

I never got around to writing about her (or my visit) since I've been
distracted with so many other priorities. The date I have for the picture is
Friday, June 13, 2008.

Somewhere I have an email from her niece describing a little more about her in
later years. I'll try to quote from it if I can find it. I remember vividly
from the email that she and her husband Joseph collected a lot of antiques that
were later auctioned off, and that she taught Anita O'Day stage presence.
Again, I'll try to find it in my mess of correspondences.

The latest recording I have of her is from 1930, from an American Record
Corporation master: "The Wedding of the Birds" by Lou Gold and His Orchestra,
vocal refrain by Irving Kaufman, whistling by Sybil S. Fagan. Anything later?

-Ryan Barna
www.facebook.com/Phonostalgia