From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On
Behalf Of Tom Jordan
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:54 PM
To: 'Antique Phonograph List'
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] leatherette covering cleaning question

Bob,

I have a collection of old Zenith Transoceanic radios in addition to my
phonographs.  Years ago I used mink oil on them, but since use McGuire's
upholstery products. Windex also cleans well.  Believe it or not, a little
bit of shoe polish after cleaning for touchup. You can try using the
McGuire's for vinyl and leather and velour or whatever on small non-showing
part of the covering and decide what works best.

This is what I used on the leatherette on the old radios and they still look
brilliant today.
Tom