From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On
Behalf Of Vinyl Visions
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 10:41 PM
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Odd pairing

This reminds me of the recent auction in Raleigh, NC of a large collection
of phonograph related items. Very few of the many phonographs were untouched
by this eccentric "collector". I have seen several examples which were
purchased that had plumbing parts incorporated into them. For example a
Victor horn that was cut off and grafted to a sink drain elbow, which was
then painted silver to complete the "restoration" and a schedule 40 plastic
"horn elbow" with steel "L" brackets to hold it. Who knows why people do
this stuff...

> Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:40:52 -0700
> From: harveykrav...@yahoo.com
> To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
> Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Odd pairing
>
> Hi Gang,
>
> It's definitely a frankenphone. I must admit that it is very well made and
thought out. It's not something I want in my collection, but it is very
interesting.
> Harvey Kravitz
>

> ________________________________

half, someone alerts the seller that it's junk (on eBay, especially, there's
no shortage of available wisdom to point this out), and in that case,
unfortunately, the seller usually doesn't say a word.

> It's always refreshing to see when a seller is up front and edits their ad
to let prospective buyers know what they've learned from any number of
experts emailing them the facts.  Even more so when the seller invites prior
bidders to withdraw.

> Andy
>
> On Aug 15, 2011, at 8:32 AM, john robles wrote:
>
> > I hate to see people get taken in by this type of shenanigan. Possibly
the seller doesn't know what it is, but it is still sad.
> > John Robles

a cabinet from?  The cabinet may be truncated.