Embarrassing but happy ending! At least you have something to chuckle about
now. Must be a great relief!
John

________________________________
From: Jim  Cartwright <jim...@earthlink.net>
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Sent: Saturday, September 3, 2011 12:15 PM
Subject: [Phono-L] FALSE ALARM - Edison maroon Gem Theft

Am very embarrassed to have falsely reported that my maroon Model D Gem was
stolen.   When clearing out the original house, I cleared off the smaller
phonographs stacked on top of the Amberolas, Capehart & C-4 Radio-Phonograph
& took them to the home of the local antique phonograph repairman, Jeff
Cecil, who kindly offered to keep them until there was room in the addition.
Jeff saw my Phono-L post about the missing maroon Gem & called me to tell me
that it was stored at his home.  I have called the Austin Police to report
my mistake.    Please forgive this false alarm!

Jim Cartwright

Immortal Performances, Inc.