The ARSC conference is not a Trade Show or something like Union or even
MAPS Phonovention. It is a professionally run conference with many well known
speakers about anything dealing with sound recording preservation.

About 25-30% of attendees are professional archivists or record
librariarns. The rest are collectors of everything from "edison to Elvis and
beyond".
There will be sessions on personalities and early Edison recordings and  -
in the past - we (meaning ARSC of which I am Treasurer) have made world news
 by hearing the EARLIEST sound recordings.

The attendees are fun folks and we spend the evenings as well as days
talking about - what else - records.

So, no you can't bring thingsto sell BUT you can learn a lot about all
those records you have and how to preserve them and meet folks you have
probably  only read about in magazine articles.

Go to the conference website _www.arsc-audio.org/conference_
(http://www.arsc-audio.org/conference)   and look at the preliminary program.
And anyone
in the area of Rochester should  definitely plan to attend/

Steve Ramm

In a message dated 3/3/2012 6:28:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,