Years ago at a local auction I watched an Amberola 30 go for $750.00.   A
few weeks later I ran into the winning bidder and we got to talking about
phonographs and I asked if he had any for sale. He said he had an Amberola 30
for sale and I responded (before I could edit my mouth from my brain) "You
will  have to find someone else who does not know what they are doing to buy
that  one".

I can usually win a bid against a dealer and sometimes a collector, but I
can never win a bid from someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

In a message dated 3/3/2012 11:55:31 A.M. Central Standard Time,