Another scam related incident - I just "won" a music box that was a replica of
a Thorens machine for the minimum bid of $15.00 - parts missing, it really
wasn't worth much more. The seller cancelled the transaction because he/she
said that he/she was "not comfortable" accepting a Wells Fargo money order for
payment... like he/she was taking a risk - on $15.00? I was the one taking the
risk attempting to send a cash equivalent payment without first receiving the
item... I don't get it, except that was a way to get out of the sale.
Fortunately, in all of the transactions I have made in the US and Europe, I
only got scammed once, even though I have sent cash for payments... just lucky,
I guess, except most collectors are honest.