I know I'm walking into the middle of a discussion here, but I truly hope
that no one is seriously considering breaking up a Victrola XII to use the
parts on a different model machine -- or, for that matter, doing anything
with it besides restoring it.

The XII is a very rare and historically-important machine.  It was the
first tabletop Victrola, and only the second Victrola model ever produced.
 Victor made fewer than 5,000 of them, split about evenly between the "old"
style and the "new" style.  To take parts from a XII and use them on a
Victor VI (of which Victor manufactured more than 17,000!), or any other
machine, would be truly tragic.  If for some reason the machine is not
restorable, the parts would be extremely valuable to someone with an
incomplete (or broken) XII who has no doubt been searching for them for
years.

I am the proud owner of two "old" style Victrola XII's, restored and
complete with keys.  They are beautiful machines, the pride of my
collection, although I sometimes feel guilty owning two of them.  If
someone is looking for one, let me know.

MV

P.S.  If I am mistaken about the nature or content of this discussion,
please accept my apology.