I have some pictures of a Brunswick console that is from about 1947, definitely after WWII. It is labeled as "Brunswick with Panatrope". It looks like it was actually made by Capehart-Farnsworth as it uses the Farnsworth P-56 record changer and the chassis looks like a Farnsworth AM-FM model from 1947. It even uses the FM channel numbers from 200 to 300 on the dial rather than the FM frequencies in MHz. Capehart-Farnsworth were among the few makers to use the FM channel numbers in the postwar period. So Brunswick evidently continued the use of the Panatrope moniker into the postwar period and probably continued to use it until they went out of the radio/phono business shortly thereafter.

Greg Bogantz

----- Original Message ----- From: <rpm...@aol.com>
To: <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2013 2:44 AM
Subject: [Phono-L] Brunswick panatropes

I visited a friend yesterday and he showed me a Brunswick  Panatrope (with
phonograph changer and radio) which he believed dated to the  late 1930s.

My parents owned a model, c. 1930, with phonograph and  "radiola", and I
had no idea that the Brunswick name was used on combination credenzas through
that decade.

Can someone tell me when the Brunswick name was dropped from such machines?

Paul Charosh