That model number doesn't ring a bell with me, but it could be one of the "Panamuse" models from Capehart. The letters in the Capehart model numbers indicate the model year. The "M" in this model number probably indicates that it was made in 1941 or 42. The famous Capeharts are in the 3-digit series, i.e. the 100, 200, 300, and 400 series (with the occasional 500 super-deluxe custom models), all of which had the flipover record changer. The Panamuse models were the bargain models and typically had a drop-type changer, probably a P-40 or P-60 series in these model years. The Panamuse models are not very popular with collectors, so the market price of one of these is likely to be not very impressive. The Panamuse models were continued after WWII as were the 3-digit series (all of which were in the "N" and "P" model numbers), but they continued to be the bargain series and still are not very collectible.

Greg Bogantz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Burdette Walters" <burdettewalt...@yahoo.com>
To: <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:54 PM
Subject: [Phono-L] Capehart Model 1011 M

I have a friend that has a friend that said they had a Capehart tube type radio phonograph that works. She said it might have a few scratches, but other than that it is supposed to work fine. She thought it was bought in the 1940s. Does anyone have any info on this machine? Any idea what could be offered for it? I collect only wind up phonographs, and my friend says if it doesn't have a crank sticking out of it, he can't run it LOL (That is actually more true than not).
Burdette Walters